Last updated 2nd March 2022
This is the privacy notice of Still Curious Limited, company number 11784894 (‘we’, ‘our’, or ‘us’).
Our registered office is at 37 Warren Street, London, United Kingdom, W1T 6AD.
Still Curious c/o Silver Levene, 37 Warren Street, London W1T 6AD
This notice describes how we collect, store, transfer and use personal data. It tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
In the context of the law and this notice, ‘personal data’ is information that clearly identifies you as an individual or which could be used to identify you if combined with other information. Acting in any way on personal data is referred to as ‘processing’.
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
Personal data we process
1. How we obtain personal data
The information we process about you includes information:
- you have directly provided to us
- that we gather from third party databases and service providers
- as a result of monitoring how you use our website or our services
2. Types of personal data we collect directly
When you use our website, we ask you to provide personal data. This can be categorised into the following groups:
- personal identifiers, such as your first and last names, your title and your date of birth
- contact information, such as your email address, your telephone number and your postal addresses for billing, delivery and communication
- account information, including your username and password
- payment information, such as a debit or credit card number and expiry date and bank account details
- records of communication between us including messages sent through our website, email messages and telephone conversations
- marketing preferences that tell us what types of marketing you would like to receive
- information that confirms your identity
- business information, including your business trading name and address, your company number (if incorporated), and your VAT number (if registered)
- information that confirms your contact information
- reviews and feedback about your business on other websites through which you sell your services
- unsolicited complaints by other users
4. Types of personal data we collect from your use of our services
By using our website and our services, we process:
- your username and password and other information used to access our website and our services
- information you contribute to our community, including reviews
- your replies to polls and surveys
- technical information about the hardware and the software you use to access our website and use our services, including your Internet
Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version and your device’s operating system
- usage information, including the frequency you use our services, the pages of our website that you visit, whether you receive messages
from us and whether you reply to those messages
- transaction information that includes the details of the products services you have bought from us and payments made to us for those services
- your preferences to receive marketing from us; how you wish to communicate with us; and responses and actions in relation to your use of our services.
5. Our use of aggregated information
We may aggregate anonymous information such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Anonymous information is that which does not identify you as an individual. Aggregated information may be derived from your personal data but is not considered as such in law because it does not reveal your identity.
For example, we may aggregate usage information to assess whether a feature of our website is useful.
However, if we combine or connect aggregated information with your personal data so that it can identify you in any way, we treat the combined information as personal data, and it will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
6. Special personal data
Special personal data is data about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data.
We do not collect any special personal data about you.
7. If you do not provide personal data we need
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform that contract.
In that case, we may have to stop providing a service to you. If so, we will notify you of this at the time.
8. The bases on which we process information about you
The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal data, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which we process your personal data is no longer relevant then we shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes then if required by law we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
9. Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you
When you create an account on our website, buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal data.
We may use it in order to:
- verify your identity for security purposes when you use our services
- sell products to you
- provide you with our services
- provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website
- whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
- whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
- whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so
- improving our services
- responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response
- preventing fraudulent use of our services
- exercising our legal rights, including to detect and prevent fraud and to protect our intellectual property
- insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage risk
- protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so
- to track how you use our website
- to record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our website
- to keep you signed in to our website
- to record your answers to surveys and questionnaires on our site while you complete them
- to record the conversation thread during a live chat with our support team
- to provide you with the services you have requested
- to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities
- to support a claim or defence in court
29. Compliance with the law
We shall update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary.